The Harrogate Tri Club junior section was established in 2017 and provides a fun and interactive training environment for our kids to get to know the sport and themselves better.
Our team of dedicated coaches are keen advocates of the British Triathlon Skills School approach, and focus on developing our juniors as young triathletes who are able to listen, question, reflect, challenge, make mistakes but most important have a great experience through triathlon.
We offer structured coaching throughout the course of the year and provide opportunities to learn and practice in a safe and well supported environment. Our sessions include pool swimming, functional strength and movement, open water swimming, biking, running, transitions and race preparation.
Our junior section caters for children aged 8 to 14yrs, across two different squads: TriStars and Juniors. All junior triatheletes must be able to swim 200m front-crawl.
The juniors training schedule:
Monday (June to September) :
- Open Water Swimming @ Calmwater Bay, Knaresborough
- 6.00pm to 7.00pm
- Focus on water confidence and open water swim techniques
Thursday (October to May)
- Session split by age-group (TriStars and Juniors) alternating between pool
- Swimming and running each week
- Pool swimming @ Ashville Sports Centre
- Running @ Ashville Sports Centre
- 7pm to 8pm
- Focus on technique and endurance. Session always ends with some fun relays or games
- All swim sessions taken by expert swim coach, Beth Winfield
Wednesday (May to September)
- Run / bike sessions @ Pannal Sports Field
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Focus on bike handling and transitions between bike and run
Throughout the year, there are also subsidised bike/ run sessions at the Brownlee Centre, Leeds. As well as social events including fun swim sessions and Christmas parties.
Our junior section is currently over-subscribed. If you are interested in your child becoming a member please contact us via our contact form and we will add you to our waiting list.